Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Lunch Recipes : Easy Cooking | Egg Recipe (Muttai Kulambu Recipe) | Tamil Nadu Style

Hello Foodies, this post will be helpful for people who want to practice easy cooking and want to cook delicious egg curry in Indian style. I'm no chef, but I've been cooking for the past 8 months (bachelor fate). This cooking recipe will be different from the other egg curry recipes. But trust me it will be worth trying. As per the saying, "Practice makes a man perfect", I've experimented several times and I'm able to cook delicious egg curry during weekends. I'll share you my experience and give you the procedure to cook the best egg curry. By saying "best", it's again for bachelors like me and not for experienced hands ;-) Trust me, cooking is so good that it has become my best hobby. Let me start with the procedure now.


Ingredients

Cocunut - 1/2 cup (to grind)
Onion - 300 grams (150 g to grind & 150 g to cook)
Tomato - 150 grams
Mustard - 1 Table spoon
Sesame Oil - 3 Table spoons
Curry leaves - As per the requirement and your mindset
Egg curry powder (better to buy Aachi or Sakthi masala)
Chilli powder - As per taste requirement
Salt - As per taste requirement
Eggs - 5





Easy Cooking : How to cook Egg Curry

  • Grind the cocunut and onion along with a table spoon of chilli powder in your mixer grinder.
  • Make sure that the vessel you use for cooking is dry and place it on the stove. I use induction stove for cooking. But it will be great if you have a gas connection.
  • Now pour the sesame oil in the vessel and once the oil is hot enough, add mustard to it. It will be much safer if you use an armour(or just stay far ;-) ) to protect yourself from the boiling oil after you add mustard to it.
  • After this add some curry leaves and fry it for a few seconds.
  • Add the onion slices that you have cut and fry it until the onion slices turn to golden brown.
  • After you see this golden brown color, add the tomatoes that you have cut. Fry them along with the onions. Add some salt and the chilli powder while frying.
  • Now add water enough to make the contents of the vessel drown and add the cocunut - onion paste.
  • After this step, add the egg curry powder(2 - 3 Tbsp) and just sit back.Let the contents of the vessel boil for a while (around 10 to 15 mins).
  • Once you see the hot bubbles and you're able to smell the mix, just break the egg shells and just add it along with the contents of the vessel. (No need to boil it before adding)
  • Don't stir too much, you might end up breaking the yolk of the egg.
  • Now try tasting the curry. You might find that you are missing something. Don't worry. I feel the same everytime. This is just because I don't want to spoil the curry by adding salt and chilli powder much. So after this step, add salt, egg curry powder and chilli powder to fulfil your senses.
  • I warn you again, don't stir too much after you add eggs.

This recipe that I've described here, is how I cook egg curry. I know that people boil eggs and cut it into two before adding it to the curry . But this will be a different easy cooking technique to cook egg curry for easy lunch. I shall add photos to this post with each step in a few days, so that it will be easy for you to know how I cook egg curry.

Thanks for reading. Try this easy cooking recipe and let me know. I'll share some of my other cooking experiences and recipes in future so that it will be useful for people like me. :-)

The Chef





1 comment: