Wednesday, December 10, 2014

One little experience on road

I have always wondered about the world and its amazing species. Everyone knows which is the most powerful species among the millions that coexist along with us. Of course it is our race, the human race. With its unlimited power and wide intelligence this race has managed to grow into a well civilized and rich society. That being said, the humans have also grown more cruel and self-centered over the past few centuries. Is Mother Teresa speaking these words? No, it’s the same Arun, who wanted to shed out these feelings to someone or something.

I’m not going to bore you with the details about this society and stuff that you already know. I happened to meet someone recently and this post is specifically for that person. If you want to know that person, I don’t even have a name. He’s a complete stranger. I just happened to meet him on road. I’ll narrate the incident that happened.

I had to write an exam before a few weeks and I prepared for it quite rigorously. I made it a point to plan everything prior to the day of test to make sure that I don’t get tensed on the day of exam. I also managed to plan it quite well. I was at the examination center and everything was going as planned. I gave the answers with high confidence and submitted the answers. The result will be displayed immediately as it is an online test. Once I submitted the answers, I was shocked to see the results. I failed in the exam. I couldn’t believe my eyes. How did I fail? I spent several days for the preparation and this seemed impossible. But I couldn’t do anything since it was over and I had to accept it.

After this disaster I had to ride back to office. I started my bike with several thoughts. I had several questions running in my mind and I was damn upset. When I was returning, something added fuel to the already burning fire of depression in me. My bike’s fuel tank dried out on the way back. I had to walk a distance of 2 kilometers to get the tank filled. I gave money to my friend the previous evening asking him to refill my bike. I believe you could imagine how this could’ve impacted me. After failing in the much awaited exam, I had to walk 2 kilometers with my bike around 11 AM in the morning just because my friend did a mistake by not filling the tank. I don’t have to give any specifics about the temperature in Chennai. I thought that this day is getting worse and might still get worse.

It was during this annoyed walk someone stopped by. I heard a voice “Hey brother, what happened? Has your vehicle run out of fuel?” This guy should be in his early forties. He was very lean and had a dark complexion. I just replied “yes” hesitantly and stopped for a second. I didn’t even want to talk to anyone for a few hours. I was about to start again. But this guy who stopped his TVS 50 for me asked if he could do something for me. I just wanted to insulate myself from any conversation and just told him that I’ll just walk the distance and I’ll manage. But he stopped me again and offered me petrol form his vehicle.

After thinking for a couple of seconds I agreed. I thought he might have some backup in his vehicle. But he removed the tube from his vehicle interrupting the fuel flow and filled a small bottle with petrol in it and gave me. I tried to stop him in the middle stating that just a small amount of fuel would be sufficient. But he didn’t stop until the small bottle was filled. I poured it into the tank and thanked him. I took out my purse to pay him. But he refused to accept the money. Let’s not talk about the money, he didn’t even accepted my “Thanks”. He just said “Thank the god who sent me here to help you”. I can tell from his looks that he wasn’t rich. He just drove a TVS 50. After telling this he just left with a smile.


After meeting this guy, I was out of the depression and my heart felt light. I always thought of how cruel the world has become and all the nonsense happening around me. I forgot the test. A man who fights for living his daily life had the time to stop and help. Several other also passed by the same road. People richer than him, richer than me. Well who cared? We don’t need money to help. People like him make the smaller portion of the society. But still they make the happiest living. Life would be much better and the world would be a better place to live if they form the major portion. I heard you. I’ll pause for now. I have tons to say about this world. I’ll continue blogging on this. But the next post would not be on this.

No comments:

Post a Comment